Don’t worry if you haven’t got a teacher. We’ve got one for you!
Wakakirri now has accredited Wakakirri Facilitators that can come to your school once a week for 10-12 weeks and do a lot of the heavy lifting required to get your schools Story-Dance on stage. Your teachers can still be involved but without the pressure of being in charge creatively!
- Begins with a phone consultation to choose a suitable story that aligns with your schools values.
- A Facilitator is matched with your school and initial face-to-face meeting is organised prior to rehearsals beginning.
- Includes weekly rehearsals, creating music, and choreography to make your Wakakirri a positive and sustainable experience.
- Program runs across term 2/3 preparing for a term three performance.
- Classes can be run at lunch, during class time, before or after school.
- Our teacher will also escort your school to performance day.
- Rehearsals can be run as in-school activity or as an optional extra curricular activity.
“The [Best Start] Program supports schools to make the Wakakirri dream happen. For school’s entering Wakakirri for the first time or with limited performing arts expertise on staff, the program was extremely beneficial and provided expert guidance and assistance around choreography, music, the story, costumes and all Wakakirri jobs. This program was a huge success at Grange Primary School and brought the joy of the Wakakirri experience to life.
The program was highly effective and communication between our [Facilitator] and Wakakirri office throughout was excellent. Grange Primary School were delighted with the outcome and it has lead to our continued commitment to Wakakirri in 2017.
The students thoroughly enjoyed the Wakakirri experience and developed a fantastic rapport with Kyra, our [Facilitator]. They are already can’t wait for next year. I would encourage other schools and sites to make the most of this opportunity. Chookas!! “Alex Narcys, Grange Primary School, SA
Wakakirri Best Start Program rates
- $1500+GST + Student Fee (up to 50 students)
- Ratio of one teacher per 50 students
- Includes initial school consultation, story plan with suggested costume and lighting plan, weekly rehearsals, creating music and choreography. Facilitator also accompanies group to show day.
- *Minimum 20 students
Meet the Wakakirri Facilitators
Contact Wakakirri to register or for more information.
Phone: 1800 650 979 or Email: [email protected]
Footsteps Dance Company
Footsteps Dance Company are the exclusive dance Partner with Wakakirri and provide a similar version of the Wakakirri Best Start program. You can contact Footsteps for a quote on 1300 760 588 or [email protected]
Footsteps specialises in curriculum/age based movement programs for Foundation to Year 12 students. Our Ultimate Wellbeing Program offers schools a Dance component as well as an activity based Social Emotional Learning program. Classroom resources have been developed for every lesson as a part of our commitment to integrating our programs across all curriculum areas. Quality outcomes including discos, formals, parent presentations and school concerts give students the opportunity to display and share their Footsteps experience. Let a talented Footsteps instructor deliver our Ultimate Wellbeing Program and turn your students into active, creative, risk takers!
Footsteps is now an ASCA preferred supplier.
ASCA is an independent organisation that selects best value suppliers to be ASCA’s preferred suppliers for schools and school canteens based on a mix of quality, service, cost, and school experience.