Don’t worry if you haven’t got a teacher. We’ve got one for you!
Wakakirri now has accredited Wakakirri Facilitators that can come to your school once a week for 10-12 weeks and do a lot of the heavy lifting required to get your schools Story-Dance on stage. Your teachers can still be involved but without the pressure of being in charge creatively!
- Begins with a phone consultation to choose a suitable story that aligns with your schools values.
- A Facilitator is matched with your school and initial face-to-face meeting is organised prior to rehearsals beginning.
- Includes weekly rehearsals, creating music, and choreography to make your Wakakirri a positive and sustainable experience.
- Program runs across term 2/3 preparing for a term three performance.
- Classes can be run at lunch, during class time, before or after school.
- Our teacher will also escort your school to performance day.
- Rehearsals can be run as in-school activity or as an optional extra curricular activity.
Feedback from our 2019 Teacher Evaluation:
“The Best Start Program was a life saver.”
“The Best Start Program was wonderful – it really help our school as we were first timers.”
Wakakirri Best Start Program 2021 Rates
- $2200 inc GST + Student Fee (up to 50 students)
- Ratio of one teacher per 50 students
- Includes initial school consultation, story plan with suggested costume and lighting plan, 12 hours of rehearsals, creating music and choreography. Facilitator also accompanies group to show day.
- *Minimum 20 students
- Schools located outside the metro area might incur additional charges
Meet the Wakakirri Facilitators
Contact Wakakirri to register or for more information.
Phone: 1800 650 979 or Email: [email protected]
Footsteps Dance Company
Footsteps Dance Company are the exclusive Dance Partner with Wakakirri and provide a similar version of the Wakakirri Best Start Program. You can contact Footsteps for a quote on 1300 760 588 or [email protected]
Footsteps specialises in curriculum/age based movement programs for Foundation to Year 12 students. Their Ultimate Wellbeing Program offers schools a Dance component as well as an activity based Social Emotional Learning program. Classroom resources have been developed for every lesson as a part of their commitment to integrating programs across all curriculum areas. Quality outcomes including discos, formals, parent presentations and school concerts give students the opportunity to display and share their Footsteps experience. Let a talented Footsteps instructor deliver an Ultimate Wellbeing Program and turn your students into active, creative, risk takers!
Footsteps is now an ASCA preferred supplier.
ASCA is an independent organisation that selects best value suppliers to be ASCA’s preferred suppliers for schools and school canteens based on a mix of quality, service, cost, and school experience.