Having trouble affording Wakakirri? We can help
The Wakakirri Donation Program raises funds to help schools in disadvantaged communities to participate in Wakakirri. Any school can apply for funds, they simply need a letter from their Principal outlining their request.
Schools can apply for funding up to $1,000 each year which can be spent on;
- Subsidising a Wakakirri Best Start Program
- Subsidising Wakakirri student registration fees
To apply, schools are asked to send a letter of application from their Principal explaining;
- Why funding is required
- Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) value
- How many students will benefit from participating in Wakakirri
- Will the money be used for subsidising a Wakakirri Artist in Residence program or student registration fees?
- How much ‘in-kind’ support the school will contribute e.g. teachers taking extra rehearsals, forming costume committees etc
- What are your school’s long term aims for regular participation in the arts?
Funding cycles close;
- 30 November
- 1 March
- 5 April