Unfortunately, due to a combination of factors caused by the Covid-19 outbreak, Wakakirri is only able to offer a live event to Victorian Secondary and Victorian Dance schools in 2020. Schools in other States and Territories around Australia will be still able to participate the Wakakirri online challenges but no live events are able to be staged. For more information read our latest update here.
Victorian Secondary School Challenge & Victorian Dance Challenge
How it works
- Schools must register for this event regardless if they have previously registered for 2020 or not.
- The event will run across the day with no live evening performance. The audience during the day for rehearsals will be made up of students from other schools pending social distancing restrictions.
- Panel will be present on the day
- Rehearsals will be professionally filmed
- Number of show days as well as the final format of how the day will run will be confirmed after registrations close as it is dependant on the number of schools participating.
- At the beginning of Term 3 you will receive your school production manual via email.
- Should a School withdraw for any reason after the 12th August 2020 (other than due to a Covid-19 outbreak at the school) the school will receive a refund of the student participation fee paid less a $550 withdrawal penalty fee. Any withdrawal prior to this date will not occur a penalty fee.
- In the event Wakakirri for any reason will need to cancel the event, schools will receive a full refund of the student participation fee and are encouraged to submit their performance in the Story-Dance Video Challenge.
- If a School received funding for 2020, it will be transferred to this event.
- Wakakirri will make every effort to comply with hygiene and social distancing guidelines that are in place in Oct 2020
- Registrations open – 22nd June
- Registrations close – 17th July
- Student Participation Fee due – 31st July
- Show Date Friday 30th October 2020 at St Kilda, Melbourne
- Student participation fee of $30 per student